Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Beyond China



China. I was amazed and excited to be in a country where I realize that nobody (at least nobody during my visit) seen loitering, doing nothing or simply sitting in a tea shop. I wonder what makes this huge nation to revive itself so fast and become a mega-power which even countries like America and Britain is keeping a close watch. From my point of view, China is well developed, fast and the system is very effective. For a Chinese, I am not exactly sure, how would they feel. But for me, I solute the progress.




I was walking around the Palace in the centre of Beijing City. Something that I must admit is that, it was so clean and well taken care. Beautiful. Then I got to know the secret, there are special cleaners placed on each street to take care of the cleanliness. They will be moving up and down on their bicycle and pick up every single paper, plastic and whatever they see as debris, and collect them in a small dustbin. With such a huge population, it takes great effort to keep the nation clean and tidy. China somehow excels.



I must say about the Chinese trains. I enjoyed my ride from Shanghai to Beijing by a super fast train. It was neat, clean, systematic and a very comfortable ride. Sometimes you still see some people who don't really cares about how the others feel. But, hey it's everywhere. So I can't judge China just on that one thing. The train staffs were very help full. Stayed in Jinjiang Star - Beijing. Excellent hotel with excellent service. There are also some crooks here and there who would try their level best to persuade you to buy, stay at their hotel or do something like that. My advice, just ignore and enjoy your stay. But one thing that I must say is, China need improvement (lots of it) building their people with english. Anyway, you will still survive if you have a Lonely Planet, China Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment